Pa. State Dept Threatened With Lawsuit For Stonewalling Noncitizen Election Records

Posted by Jimmy Minnish on December 12, 2017 under Links | Be the First to Comment

Campaign cheating….Say it ain’t so..

Public Interest Legal Foundation promises litigation if Pennsylvania does not hand over voter roll data

Philadelphia City Hall / Getty Images

BY:

An election integrity group is threatening to sue the Pennsylvania Department of State for allegedly stonewalling requests for records of noncitizens contained on the state’s voter rolls.

Christian Adams, the president and general counsel of the Public Interest Legal Foundation (PILF), an election integrity group, said in testimony submitted before the Pennsylvania Senate State Government Committee on Tuesday that his organization has attempted four times to inspect records detailing the full scope of noncitizens on the voter registry but the state has been unresponsive to their requests.

“Should Pennsylvania fail to disclose the full scale of failures allowing—even inviting—noncitizens of legal presence into the voter registry, it will risk maintaining similar flawed Motor Voter configurations not yet properly exposed in other jurisdictions subject to the National Voter Registration Act,” Adams said in the testimony.

“Our voting, immigration, and entitlement programs have become increasingly interwoven in the decades following the enactment of the NVRA to a point that its authors did not adequately anticipate,” Adams continued. “Incomplete study and disclosure of Pennsylvania’s now partially-admitted failings will harm eligible voters and prospective citizens alike.”

Adams says that his group—which has experienced identical stonewalling in Philadelphia, ultimately leading to a lawsuit against the city—will bring forth litigation against the Pennsylvania Department of State if they do not adhere to their records requests.

“This investigation could reveal the largest finding of noncitizen registered voters to date,” Logan Churchwell, spokesman for PILF, told the Washington Free Beacon. “The State has already admitted that it was offering voter applications to ineligible immigrants getting driver’s licenses since the 1990s. Green Card holders were encouraged to vote before the 2016 Election by the Secretary of State. That same Secretary of State mysteriously resigned after PILF and the City of Philadelphia started finding noncitizen voters.”

“If we want to get to the bottom of the ‘foreign influence’ of our elections, we should look carefully in Pennsylvania, first,” said Churchwell.

The Pennsylvania Department of State declined to provide a comment.

PILF has successfully obtained information regarding noncitizens illegally registered to vote in a number of cities and states.

The group previously discovered that 5,550 voters in Virginia were removed from the rolls for being noncitizens.

Dozens of ineligible aliens were registered to vote in Philadelphia between 2013 and 2015 and 40 of those individuals were found to have cast a ballot in at least one election. More than 600 admitted noncitizen voters were also found in the statewide voter registration system in New Jersey.

The group discovered in 2015 that 141 counties across the United States had more registered voters than people.

Gotofreebeacon.com

Top senator expands probe into Obama-era Uranium One deal, says he was misled

Posted by Jimmy Minnish on under Links | Be the First to Comment

Judson Berger

A top Republican senator has expanded his investigation into an Obama-era deal that gave Russia partial control of the U.S. uranium supply, claiming he was repeatedly misled by the Obama administration about a Russian company’s ability to export that material.

Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, fired off a letter Monday to the heads of the U.S. Energy Department and U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission seeking an extensive list of documents.

He wants to know more about the controversial sale of Canadian mining company Uranium One to a subsidiary of Russia’s Rosatom nuclear company – and specifically, how uranium under its control made its way out of the U.S.

“Beginning in 2012, Uranium One exported U.S. uranium by ‘piggy-backing’ as a supplier on an export license” held by a shipping company, Barrasso wrote.

That’s apparently not how the process was explained to him when he first raised concerns.

Back in 2011, then-NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko assured the senator that the companies did not hold a specific “NRC export license” and would not be able to export uranium from the U.S. without one.

Senator John Barrasso (R-WY) speaks during a press conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., September 12, 2017.   REUTERS/Joshua Roberts - RC1C870B7100

Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., wants answers on the Uranium One deal.  (Reuters)

Yet The Hill reported last month that while the NRC never issued the license, memos show it did approve “the shipment of yellowcake uranium” from the U.S. mines to Canada in 2012 through a “third party.” The same report said the Obama administration later approved some of that material to go to Europe, “and the approval involved a process with multiple agencies.”

HOUSE PROBES URANIUM ONE DEAL

Barrasso, in his letter, said the response he got from Jaczko was “misleading.”

Further, he said the Department of Energy “chose to hide its role in approving exports,” by claiming at the time the issue did not fall within its “purview.”

“By stating DOE had no role in the matter, the DOE concealed the possibility of subsequent exports and their responsibility in reviewing them,” Barrasso wrote. “The DOE’s concealment, together with Chairman Jaczko’s deception, created a false narrative that there was only one agency and one process by which Uranium One could export uranium.”

The Hill report described an alternative way of approving those exports. It said that the NRC, rather than grant a direct export to Rosatom, in 2012 “authorized an amendment to an existing export license” for a trucking firm “to simply add Uranium One to the list of clients whose uranium it could move to Canada.”

Barrasso’s letter included dozens of requests for information to both agencies, covering documents related to each uranium transfer. He set a Jan. 31 deadline.

Asked for comment, an NRC spokesperson told Fox News: “The NRC will respond directly to Senator Barrasso through our normal correspondence.” The spokesperson noted current Chairwoman Kristine Svinicki will be testifying Wednesday before Barrasso’s committee, “so the subject may come up then.”

The Uranium One deal, which was covered extensively in 2015, burst back into the headlines in October, after The Hill reported the FBI had evidence as early as 2009 that Russian operatives used bribes, kickbacks and other dirty tactics to expand Moscow’s atomic energy footprint in the U.S., related to a Rosatom subsidiary. Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill quickly started asking questions about how the deal was approved the following year by an inter-agency committee.

While scrutinizing the 2010 approval, Republican lawmakers have also revived questions that first surfaced in 2015 about payments to both Bill Clinton and the Clinton Foundation from “interested parties.”

Addressing the matter on C-SPAN in October, Hillary Clinton said “it’s the same baloney they’ve been peddling for years, and there’s been no credible evidence by anyone. In fact, it’s been debunked repeatedly and will continue to be debunked.”

The 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said these issues are just part of the “distraction and diversion” from the investigation into Russian meddling and possible coordination with Trump associates in last year’s election.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/12/top-senator-expands-probe-into-obama-era-uranium-one-deal-says-was-misled.html

Inside the Trump dossier handoff: McCain’s ‘go-between’ speaks out

Posted by Jimmy Minnish on under Links | Be the First to Comment

When Catherine Herridge speaks I listen… Jimmy

Catherine Herridge

The man who says he acted as a “go-between” last year to inform Sen. John McCain about the controversial “dossier” containing salacious allegations about then-candidate Donald Trump is speaking out, revealing how the ex-British spy who researched the document helped coordinate its release to the FBI, the media and Capitol Hill.

“My mission was essentially to be a go-between and a messenger, to tell the senator and assistants that such a dossier existed,” Sir Andrew Wood told Fox News in an exclusive interview with senior executive producer Pamela K. Browne.

Fox News spoke to Wood at the 2017 Halifax International Security Forum in Nova Scotia, Canada. As Britain’s ambassador to Moscow from 1995-2000, Wood witnessed the end of Russian President Boris Yeltsin and the rise of Vladimir Putin.

Just after the U.S. presidential election in November 2016, Arizona GOP Sen. McCain spoke at the same security conference. Wood says he was instructed — by former British spy Christopher Steele — to reach out to the senior Republican, whom Wood called “a good man,” about the unverified document.

McCainWood

Sir Andrew Wood, right, says he acted as a “go-between” last year to inform Sen. John McCain, left, about the controversial “dossier” containing allegations about then-candidate Donald Trump.

Wood insists that he’s never read the dossier that his good friend and longtime colleague prepared. It was commissioned by opposition research firm Fusion GPS and funded by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

In August 2016, “[Steele] came to me to tell me what was in it, and why it … was important,” Wood said. “He made it very clear … yes, it was raw intelligence, but it needed putting into proper context before you could judge it fully.”

August 2016 is a critical period, just after the FBI opened the Russia meddling probe, and after then-director James Comey recommended against prosecution for Clinton’s mishandling of classified information.

Wood said Steele had “already been in contact with the FBI” at the time.

“He said there was corroborating evidence in the United States, from which I assumed he was working with an American company,” Wood said.

British court records reviewed by Fox News as well as U.S. congressional testimony revealed that Steele was directed and paid at least $168,000 by Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson to push the research that fall to five American media outlets. According to British court documents, Steele met with The New York Times (twice), The Washington Post (twice), CNN, The New Yorker and Yahoo News (twice).

“Each of these interviews was conducted in person and with a member of Fusion also present,” according to the records associated with separate civil litigation against Steele and Fusion GPS.

Wood said he’d heard of Fusion GPS, as the group Steele was working with, but had “never heard of Mr. Simpson.”

Three weeks after Trump won the presidential election, at the Canadian security conference, the details were finalized for the dossier hand-off to McCain.

kramer 1211

David J. Kramer in November.  (Fox News)

Along with the senator, Wood and McCain Institute for International Leadership staffer David J. Kramer attended the Canadian conference.

British court records state McCain ordered Kramer to get a personal briefing from Steele in Surrey, just outside of London, and then return to Washington, D.C., where Fusion GPS would provide McCain with hard copies.

In January, McCain officially gave the dossier to the FBI, which already had its own copy from Steele.

Of note, listed in the official program for the 2016 November Canadian conference as a participant was Rinat Akhmetshin — the same Russian lobbyist who was at Trump Tower five months earlier in June for a highly scrutinized meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and others.

The senator’s office noted to Fox News that McCain said in January 2017 he had no contact with Akhmetshin. “Late last year, I received sensitive information that has since been made public. Upon examination of the contents, and unable to make a judgment about their accuracy, I delivered the information to the Director of the FBI. That has been the extent of my contact with the FBI or any other government agency regarding this issue.”

It is not known whether Akhmetshin had any contact with Kramer. Fusion GPS and Kramer did not respond to requests for comment from Fox News.

Catherine Herridge is an award-winning Chief Intelligence correspondent for FOX News Channel (FNC) based in Washington, D.C. She covers intelligence, the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security. Herridge joined FNC in 1996 as a London-based correspondent.

Pamela K. Browne is Senior Executive Producer at the FOX News Channel (FNC) and is Director of Long-Form Series and Specials. Her journalism has been recognized with several awards. Browne first joined FOX in 1997 to launch the news magazine “Fox Files” and later, “War Stories.”

Cyd Upson is a Senior Producer at FOX News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/11/inside-trump-dossier-handoff-mccains-go-between-speaks-out.html